A simple recipe is always good and I love to make this easy hummus on a Sunday so I have it for lunches for the rest of the week.
My tips are:
- Use a food processor, not a blender
- If you don’t like tahini much, add 2 tbsp and less lemon juice at the end
- Roast the garlic, it’s less overpowering
- Add the juice of two lemons and taste the hummus before adding another
- Salt at the end adding little by little stirring it in and tasting as you go
- Store in the fridge in a pre-sterilised airtight jar
- 2 cups of chick peas – I soaked dried ones for 24 hours, then cooked them in boiling water until they were just soft
- 6tbsp good quality olive oil
- 3tbsp tahini- include some of the oil
- 3-4 cloves of lightly toasted garlic
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Salt to taste
I like to drizzle the lemon juice in through the top of the food processor as its going to get it well blended in.
Optional additions: chilli powder, preserved lemon, cayenne, toasted nuts and seeds.