Day 3 of my son’s tonsillectomy recovery period and his throat has become so sore he can barely eat. This is not helping when I’m trying to give him nurofen for the pain, which must be taken with food.
I decided to make a soup to see if he will have that. Did you know that peas are a botanical fruit? They contain vitamin K, vitamin B1, B6, B2, vitamin C, niacin, molybdenum, zinc, manganese, copper magnesium, iron, potassium, folate and choline. Plus lots of fibre. Wow!
This must be the easiest soup ever.
– 1 medium sweet potato (or any potato will do)
– 1 red onion
– 4 cups frozen baby peas
– 1 litre of vegetable stock
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cube the potato and onion. Put the peas in some warm water to defrost a little
2. Cook the potato and onion lightly in the olive oil, adding a little more oil if necessary
3. Add the stock and bring to a boil then simmer
4. Add the peas after around 15 minutes
5. Let this simmer covered for half an hour
6. Cool then blend (unless you have a hot soup setting on your blender)
Add seasoning and more water if it’s too thick.