I found these beauties in the supermarket today. They are really tart but I just love them.
- 100g brown medium grain rice
- 600ml coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Wash the rice well under running water.
- Add everything in to one pan and bring it to the boil using a whisk to stir it.
- Lower the heat and simmer for around an hour stirring often.
- In the meantime put two tamarillos in a bowl of boiling water to take the skin off. You will have to slit the skin a little first to make it easy to peel off.
- After 5-10 minutes it should easily come off.
- Chop up the tamarillos and add 1/8 cup maple syrup and a splash of vanilla essence.
- Let this sit while the rice cooks.