This has got to be one of my favourite breakfasts of all time! It takes a little pre-planning the night before, but it’s only activating some chia seeds and it’s a really quick breakfast to make in the morning, so you get the benefit of that prep the next day.
I activate my chia seeds by adding just enough water and keep them in a sterile jar in the fridge so that I can use them in smoothies etc. This recipe requires 2 tbsp of activated chia per serving.
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 1/2 cup almond or any nut milk
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut or any nut butter
- 3 dates
- 2 tbsp activated chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 pecans (lightly toasted)
- 1 tsp dessicated coconut (lightly toasted)
- A splash of Heilala Vanilla Syrup
- Blend all but the pecans, coconut and vanilla in a high speed blender. *You can soak the dates in hot water before blending to soften them a little.
- Toast the pecans and coconut for a minute in a tiny bit of coconut oil.
- Add the toppings to the porridge with a liberal splash of vanilla syrup.
NB: This can be made the night before and covered in the fridge ready for breakfast.